Sunday, April 4, 2010

Information Questions.

"Cows in a Field" Georges Seurat, 1882

Information questions begin with an question word such as "What," "When," "Where," "Why," "Who," "Whose," "How," "How much," "How many," and so on.

In this exercise, the blank in the statement shows what type of information is missing. Use a question word to make the information question. You'll find the correct question and answer by clicking on the drop down menu. To save your work, copy it and paste it to your word processing software.




1. My name is ------- .



2. I went to ------- yesterday.



3. Maria gets up at ------ every morning.



4. She usually has breakfast at the -------- on the corner.



5. Tomorrow, I'm going to -------- .



6. They like to go swimming at the ---------- .



7. We'll be late this morning because ------- .



8. On Sunday, we met Mr. and Mrs. ------------ .



9. These pencils belong to ------------ .



10. I often ------- on Monday.



1l. Carmen didn't write her composition because ------- .



12. Tom was in ----------- all last week.



13. I went to Portland by --------- .



14. My house is about -------- from Mission Campus.



15. This book will be ------ dollars and ------ cents.



16. I'm going to take a --------- on my trip.



17. Mr. and Mrs. Green were in Miami last ----------- .



18. We played soccer last Sunday at --------- .



19. Julia is going shopping this afternoon because ------ .



20. It's going to rain from ---- to ----- .



21. We're very excited because ------- .



22. We're going to get to Italy by ------- .



23. David speaks ------ languages.



24. I woke up in the middle of the night because ------.



25. They'll have to leave class around ----- this morning.



26. This lap top computer belongs to -------- .



27. You will be interviewed by Ms. --------- .



28. The best way to learn English is -------- .



29. I put a lot of Art on my website because ------- .



30. This exercise has ------- questions.





No comments:

Post a Comment