Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Reading a Map, Giving Directions























Exercise One

1. The hospital is , between Maple Street and Elm Street.

2. The Bellview Hotel is the bakery.

3. The pet shop the butcher shop and the newsstand.

4. The department store the post office.

5. The flower shop is Grand Avenue and Elm Street.

6. Could you tell me how to get from the park to the museum? Certainly. Walk up Maple Street to Brighton Boulevard and . Brighton Boulevard, and you'll see the museum between the shoe store and the bakery.

7. I'm at the zoo, looking at the animals. Suddenly, I remember something. Quickly, I walk along Brighton Boulevard past Maple Street, to Elm Street, and turn left. I walk up Elm Street, and just before reaching Grand Avenue, I enter the store on my right. Where am I? I'm

8. We're at the flower shop. Can you tell me how to get to the candy shop from here? Sure. Walk along Grand Avenue to , and turn left. Maple Street, and you'll see the candy shop , the restaurant.

9. Excuse me. Is across from the park? Yes, it is.

10. Excuse me. Is the newsstand on Maple Street? No, It's

11. Can you tell me how to get from the bakery to the butcher shop? Sure. Walk along Brighton Boulevard to , and turn right. Maple Street, and the butcher shop, at the corner of Maple Street and Grand Avenue.

12. Is the courthouse next to the laundromat? Yes,

Exercise Two

1. The fire station is the TV station.

2. From the park, Maple Street, and you'll see the candy store on the right.

3. There aren't any nearby.

4. The airport isn't .

5. Could you tell me to the laundromat from here?

6. Please tell me what is way to get to the park?

7. The museum isn't next to .

8. The flower shop is on the corner of Elm Street and .

9. The university is across from .

10 The hardware store is the drug store and the Bellview Hotel.

Exercise Three. I am at the park, and I'm asking for directions to different places nearby.

1. Excuse me. Could you please tell me how to get to the airport from here?
Certainly.



2. Excuse me. Could you please tell me how to get to the post office from here?
Sure.



Exercise Four. Mrs. Davis is at the laundromat, and she's asking for directions to different places nearby.

1. Excuse me. Could you please tell me how to get to the TV station from here?
Certainly.


2. Excuse me. Could you please tell me how to get to the hospital from here?
Certainly.











21 comments:

  1. It was easy because the answers were beside the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Answer!!! bad 10.1

    ReplyDelete
  3. very bad 10-01! -.-

    terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a very good material!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its easy but not bad. nice post as you've provided basic related to English speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your post as you've given an easy and basic help to guide us!

    buy book reports // research proposal help // assignment writing service

    ReplyDelete
  7. es interesante la ayuda q nos presta

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great service writing service provides a connection between a customer and a business. Taking the customer's needs into consideration, a service writer facilitates the transaction between the customer and the company.

    Custom Writing // Best Essays // Write my Essay // writing assignment

    ReplyDelete
  9. very good material

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the exercices, very good, Congratulations guys,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words are very good Abigail, is true, give directions helps us understand better. Jorge Luis Rojas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. the map is very clear helped me a lot to the location of places

      Delete
  13. the map is very clear helped me a lot to the location of places

    ReplyDelete
  14. the map is very clear helped me a lot to the location of places

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buena los bilingües

    ReplyDelete
  16. very interested in and good theme

    ReplyDelete
  17. A verb is a word that describes an action or occurrence or indicates a state of being.Know about the types of verbs with examples.
    @ http://www.englishleap.com/grammar/verbs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Turn left, and turn right, go straight on, and stop in T-junction

    ReplyDelete